Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP)
Our legal agreements and contractual terms
All clients of QuickHostUK are subject to the following terms:
- Terms of Service (TOS)
- Terms & Conditions (Domains)
- Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP)
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Corporate Social Responsibility Policy
- Environmental Sustainability Policy
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Refund Policy
This acceptable use policy governs your use of the services we provide. Your use of our services means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms and conditions.
This acceptable use policy aims to prevent overload of our infrastructure, abuse, and inconvenience to other users. Overloading our infrastructure or causing inconveniences to others may be caused by individual users who use much more resources than the average of similar customers. QuickHostUK reserves the right to monitor the number of resources and filter or limit any excesses.
You may use our sites or the services that we provide only for lawful purposes. You may not use our service:
• In any way that breaks any applicable local, national, or international laws or regulations
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent
• In any way that harms or attempts to harm minors
• In any way that transmits any unsolicited promotional material (spam)
• In any way that transmits viruses, trojans, spyware, or similar
• In any way that uses any material which is defamatory to any person
• In any way that is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory
• In any way that promotes violence
• In any way that promotes discrimination (race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age)
• In any way that infringes copyright, database right, trademark, or other intellectual property rights
• In any way that is likely to deceive any person
• In any way that promotes any illegal activities
• In any way that is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person
• In any way that is used to impersonate any person
You may not use our services for the purposes of testing security measures in any way.
The shared web hosting and reselling platforms allow unlimited disk space for normal ‘website files’ only. All files uploaded or stored must comply with this requirement and be visible and accessible to end-users visiting the website. This excludes email which is limited to two (2) gigabytes per mailbox. Mailbox space can be upgraded as needed. This also excludes any other files that are not part of the public website such as backup files. Backup files should be downloaded locally or transferred remotely.
Web hosting plans may not consume more than;
- 100% of 1 CPU Core
- 1GB of RAM
- 100 Website Connections
- 100 Active Processes
- 1MB/s SSD Disk IO
- 300,000 Inodes
Should a resource above be exceeded the website may be slowed down (throttled) until the normal operation is resumed. More resources can be provided for an additional fee.
Cloud Virtual Private Servers (VPS) may not consume more than;
- 75% of 1 CPU Core
- Total I/O’s per sec 1024
- Read Mega Byte’s/s 1024 MB/s
- Write Mega Byte’s/s 1024 MB/s
For websites, apps, or servers that allow downloading of video, audio, or other files or any streaming service such as VPN or Proxy we reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of fifty (50) gigabytes per month. If the amount of network traffic bandwidth differs significantly from the average, QuickHostUK will contact the customer about how to normalize the bandwidth usage. If the customer does not normalize the bandwidth usage, QuickHostUK will work with the customer to block (temporarily) network traffic, cap the network speed, or discuss a paid upgrade to cover the excessive usage.
You may not host the following content;
• Warez’, pirated, or illegal copies of software
• MP3’s or any other formats of copyrighted music
• Movies or any other formats of copyrighted video
• Any content that is illegal under the UK or European law
• Remote image hosting scripts
• Anonymous file sharing scripts
• Anonymous or bulk SMS gateways
• Bittorrent trackers
• Any scripts that may cause a degradation in the performance of our servers or network
We reserve the right to serve notice to suspend service or remove any files which do not comply with these rules.
Mass or Bulk emailing is not allowed on any of QuickHostUK’s shared hosting services. We can provide a dedicated email solution for an additional fee. Any user who sends mass or bulk email and is found to have caused IP reputation or IP blacklisting issues will be subject to a fine and account suspension.
Any user who by their action or inaction whose services are sending unsolicited or spam emails may be fined £60.00 +VAT for cleanup of our mail servers. Any user who by their action or inaction whose services cause negative IP reputation or IP blacklisting may be fined £100.00 +VAT for cleanup of our IPs.
VPN & Proxy Services
VPN and Proxy services are usually used to hide the originating user’s IP and/or location. As this interferes with our legal obligations relating to security, finance, and taxation accessing our services via VPN or Proxy is expressly forbidden.
While using social media is the trend to voice opinions it’s also used as a platform to abuse companies and to extort them with negative publicity. Such examples might be jumping the support queue or getting discounts from the Sales team. Abusing QuickHostUK on social media is something we have a zero-tolerance against. You can of course voice dissatisfaction, however, we expect that customers remain polite and civil. Abusive behavior on social media can result in account termination. Where appropriate we may report abusive or offensive content to the relevant authorities.
QuickHostUK will determine at its sole discretion if this acceptable use policy (AUP) has been breached. Where a breach of this policy occurs, we may take appropriate action against you, up to, but not limited to;
• Legal action for full reimbursement on an indemnity basis including reasonable administrative and legal costs
• Disclosure of information relating to the breach to appropriate authorities
Changes to our acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you and form part of your contract with us. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.